Dr. B. N GANGADHAR
Publications (Journal Articles/ Books/ Manuals)
- Srivastava R, Chattergee SC, Janakiramaiah N. and Gangadhar BN. Familial and
sporadic schizophrenias. Indian J Psychiatry, 34: 245-252, 1992.
- Ananthanarayana CV, Janakiramaiah N, Gangadhar BN, Candade VS. and
Kumaraiah V. Visual information processing deficits in clinically remitted outpatient
schizophrenics. Ind J Psychiatry, 35: 27-30, 1993.
- Gangadhar BN, JyotiRao KM, Sujata BL, Janakiramaiah N. and Subbakrishna
DK. ECT induced EEG seizure: Validity of duration estimation by last spike. Indian
Journal of Psychiatry, 35, 175-177, 1994.
- Khanna S, Janardhana Reddy YC., Jayakumar PN., Gangadhar BN, Arya BYT
and Channabasavanna SM. Manic depressive psychosis and schizophrenia; Is there any
subcortical involvement ? A computerized tomographic investigation. Ind Journal of
Psychological Medicine 16, 9-23, 1994.
- Gangadhar BN, Candade VS, Laxmanna G, Janakiramaiah N and Mahapatra PK.
Computers in ECT and paperless EEG monitoring. Indian Journal of Psychiatry 37: 98,
- Gangadhar BN, Narayana Dutt D, Janakiramaiah N, Sadasivan PK. Automation
of seizure duration estimation: Use of fractal dimension. Proceedings of RC IEEE-
EMBS international conference, New Delhi 1995, 3,37-3,38.
- Gangadhar BN, Jayaprakash MS, Janakiramaiah N and Parameshwara G. ECT
administration manual. NIMHANS publication, 1997. ***
- Janakiramaiah N, Gangadhar BN and Subbakrishna DK. Younger age at onset of
schizophrenia in females : A NIMHANS record-based study. NIMHANS Journal 15:
- Jayaprakash MS, Gangadhar BN, Girish K and Janakiramaiah N. Prolonged
seizures during electroconvulsive therapy. NIMHANS Journal 15: 139-142, 1997.
- Jayaparakash MS, Ramakrishnan AG, Gangadhar BN and Janakiramaiah N.
Sublinical autonomic neuropathy in alcoholics. NIMHANS Journal 15, 219-223, 1997.
- Narayana Dutt D, Mahapatra PK, Gangadhar BN, Sadasivan PK, Janakiramaiah
N, Subbakrishna DK and Jyoti Rao KM. EEG delta band spectral power: Differences
between unilateral and bilateral ECT seizures. Indian Journal of Psychiatry 39: 61-63,
- Eranti VS, Janakiramaiah N., Gangadhar BN and Subbakrishna DK. Rating of
EPS using video recorded clinical material: A preliminary report. NIMHANS Journal,
16: 9-13, 1998.
- Girish K, Prasad KMR, Gangadhar BN, Janakiramaiah N, Subbakrishna DK and
Parameshwara G. Clinical predictors of seizure threshold in bilateral ECT. Indian Journal
of Psychiatry, 40: 327-330, 1998.
- Gangadhar BN, Malini S and Mukundan CR. Temperment Charecter Inventory:
Comparison of English and Kannada versions. 16: 177-180, 1998.
- Goswami U, Basu S, Unnati Kumar, Chandrasekara R, Gangadhar BN, Sagar R,
Pabna, JS, Channabasavanna SM. Moore PB and Ferrier IN. Neurobiological
charecterization of bipolar affective disorders: a focus on tardive dyskinesia and soft
neurological signs in relation to serum dopamine hydroxylase activity. Indian J
Psychiatry, 40: 201-211. 1998.
- Janakiramaiah N, Gangadhar BN, Naga Venkatesha Murthy PJ, Harish MG,
Shetty TK, Subbakrishna DK, Meti BL, Raju TR and Vedamurthachar A. Therapeutic
efficacy of sudarshan kriya yoga (SKY) in dysthymic disorder. NIMHANS Journal, 16:
- Jayaprakash MS, Gangadhar BN, Girish K and Janakiramaiah N. Limitations of
motor seizure monitoring in ECT. Ind J Psychiatry, 40: 55-59, 1998.
- Mayur P, Gangadhar BN, Janakiramaiah N, Subbakrishna DK and Parameshwara
G. Predicting seizure threshold at first ECT: a discriminant analysis study. NIMHANS
Journal, 16: 193-196. 1998
- Sarita EP, Janakiramaiah N, Gangadhar BN, Subbakrishna DK, Jyoti Rao KM.
Efficacy of combined ECT after two weeks of neuroleptics in schizophrenia: a double
blind controlled study. NIMHANS Journal, 16: 243-251, 1998.
- Saravanan ESM, Latha V, Mayur PM, Gangadhar BN, Janakiramaiah N,
Umamaheshwara Rao GS. Measuring extent of motor seizure modification: Role of
succinylcholine dose. NIMHANS Journal. 16: 205-206, 1998.
- Girish K, Gangadhar BN, Jankiramaiah N, Mukundhan CR. Ictal Systolic Blood
pressure and ECT-induced memory impariment. Indian Journal of Psychological
Medicine. 22: 27-31, 1999.
- Latha V, Saravanan ESM, Mayur PM, Gangadhar BN, Janakiramaiah N,
Umamaheshwara Rao GS. A scale to measure motor seizure modification during ECT.
Indian Journal of Psychological Medicine. 22: 28-31, 1999.
- Janakiramaiah N, Murthy PJNV, Raghu TM, Subbakrishna DK, Ganagdhar BN,
Murthy P. Brief Addiction Rating Scale (BARS) for alcoholics: description of rerliability.
Indian Journal of Psychiatry. 41: 222-227, 1999.
- Murali N, Gangadhar BN, Janakiramaiah N, Krishna Gowda KG and
Subbakrishna DK. Right ear disadvantage in drug-naive first episode schizophrenia: A
monaural auditory P300 study. Indian Journal of Psychological Medicine. 22: 15-21,
- Murali N, Saravanan ESM, Santosh MG, Gangadhar BN, Janakiramaiah N,
Umamaheshwararao GS, Satish Kumar K, Subbakrishna, DK and Christopher R.
Cardiovascular response to ECT is unaffected by extent of motor seizure modification.
Indian Journal of Psychiatry. 41: 236-241, 1999.
- Panneer Selvan C, Mayur PM, Gangadhar BN, Janakiramaiah N, Subbakrishna
DK and Murali N. Comparison of therapeutic efficacy of ECT and imipramine: A
randomized controlled study. Indian Journal of Psychiatry. 41: 228-235, 1999.
- Saravanan ESM, Gangadhar BN, Jankiramaiah N, Murthy HS. Association
between cardiovascular response during bilateral ECT and therapeutic outcome. Indian
Journal of Psychological Medicine. 22(2): 41-47, 1999.
- Channabasavanna SM, Gangadhar BN, and Girish K. Place of ECT practice in
psychiatric therapeutics. Archives of Indian Psychiatry, 6: 10-14, 2000.
- Gangadhar BN. and Girish K Janakiramaiah N. Is a grandmal seizure necessary
and sufficient for the efficacy of ECT. Indian J Psychiatry, 42: 443-444, 2000.
- Gangadhar BN, Girish K, Murali N and Janakiramaiah N. Amines and ECT.
Archives of Indian Psychiatry, 6: 159-163, 2000.
- Gangadhar BN & Janakiramaiah N. Acute effects of alcohol, opiate and cannabis
use. In Substance use disorders: A manual for physician. Drug dependence treatment
center, AIIMS. New Delhi, Ed. R Ray, pp 52-66; 2000 **
- Girish K & Gangadhar BN. Use of psychotropic drugs and ECT during pregnancy
and puerperium. In Psychiatric Obstetrics & gynaecology. Eds Chandra PS, Chaturvedi
SK & Isaac MK. NIMHANS, Bangalore pp 119-138, 2000 **
- Janakiramaiah N, Gangadhar BN, and Murali N. Monitoring during
electroconvulsive therapy. Archives of Indian Psychiatry, 6: 49-55, 2000.
- Janakiramaiah N, Girish K, Murali N and Gangadhar BN. ECT in schizophrenia.
Archives of Indian Psychiatry, 6: 90-97, 2000.
- Laxmanna G, Gangadhar BN and Candade VS. Electrical parameters and
quantification of the constant current brief pulse ECT stimulus Archives of Indian
Psychiatry, 6: i v, 2000.
- Rohini V, Pandey RS, janakiramaiah N, Gangadhar BN and Vedamurthachar A.
A comparative study of full and partial sudarshan kriya yoga in major depressive
disorder. NIMHANS Journal. 18: 53-57, 2000.
- Venkatasubramniam GV, Yogananda BH and Gangadhar BN. Resperidone-
induced neuroleptic malignant syndrome: a case report. Ind J Psychiatry, 42; 102-103,
- Gangadhar BN, Girish K and Janakiramaiah N. Electroconvulsive therapy in
neuropsychiatry: relevance of seizure parameters. Annals of Indian Academy of
Neurology. 3: 163:175, 2001.
- Girish K, Gangadhar BN, and Janakiramiah N: Comparison of unilateral
suprathreshold v/s bilateral ECT in drug naive melancholic depression. NIMHANS
Journal, 2001 (in press).
- Girish K, Jayakumar PN, Murali N, Gangadhar BN, Janakiramaiah N and
Subbakrishna DK. ECT and T2 relaxometry: a static water proton magnetic resonance
imaging study. Indain Journal of Psychiatry, 43:1; 20-22, 2001.
- Subbakrishna DK, Murali N, Gangadhar BN & Janakiramaiah N. Younger age at
onset of schizophrenia in females: A replicative study. In: Subbakrishna DK,
Kaliaperumal VG. Eds. Statistical methods and application in biology and medicine.
NIMHANS, Bangalore, India. 2001: 253-260.
- Girish K, Gangadhar BN, and Janakiramaiah N. Merits of EEG monitoring during
ECT: A prospective study of 485 patients. Indian J Psychiatry, 1:24-28, 2002.
- Girish K, Gangadhar BN, and Janakiramaiah N. ECT in neurological conditions.
Indian J Psychiatry. 3, 228-239: 2002.
- Jagadisha and Gangadhar BN (2003). Treatment Resistance in Depression.
Compilation of the proceedings of The Annual SCARF-SYNERGY Seminar on Mental
Illness: Treatment Resistance 23rd Novembr 2002, SCARF, Chennai. Pp 45-64.
- Neeraj GS, Girish K and Gangadhar BN. Ictal RPP-a supplement to cuff method
in detecting ECT-induced cerebral seizure. Indian Journal of Psychiatry, 44: 29-33. 2002.
- Jagadisha, Gangadhar BN, Janakiramaiah N, Girish K and Ramakrishnan AG
Post-seizure fractal dimension and spectral power predict antidepressant response to
unilateral ECT. Indian Journal of Psychiatry, 45: 16-20, 2003
- Girish K, Gangadhar BN and Janakiramaiah N. EEG Seizure Duration during
ECT: Effect of concurrent Psychotrpic Drugs. Ann Ind Acad Neurology, 6: 17-20. 2003.
- Philip M, Gangadhar BN, Jagadisha, Velayudhan L and Subbakrishna DK
Influence of duration of untreated psychosis on the short-term outcome of drug-free
schizophrenia patients. Indian J Psychaitry, 45:158-160. 2003.
- Jagadisha T, Shah N, Tharyan P, Gangadhar BN. National workshop on ECT
practice. Indian Journal of Psychiatry, 47: 67-68. 2005.
- Thirthalli J, Venkatesh BK, Naveen MN, Venkatasubramanian G, Arunachala U,
Kishore Kumar KV, Gangadhar BN. Do Antipsychotics Limit Disability in
schizophrenia? A Naturalistic Comparative Study in the Community. Indian Journal of
Psychological Medicine, 28: 14-19. 2006.
Dr. B.N. Gangadhar:
See also: Awards List