Peer-Reviewed and Indexed International Journals:
- Bhadrinarayan V, Umamaheswara Rao GS. Unilateral facial and neck swelling after
infratentorial surgery in the lateral position. Anesth Analg 1999;89:1290-1
- Murali N, Saravanan ES, Ramesh VJ et al. An intrasubject comparison of two doses of
succinylcholine in modified electroconvulsive therapy. Anesth Analg. 1999;89:1301-4.
- Mayur PM, Shree RS, Gangadhar BN, Subbukrishna DK, Umamaheswara Rao GS,
Atropine premedication and cardiovascular response to electroconvulsive therapy.
Brit J Anaesth 1998; 81:466-467.
- Gallart L, Puybasset L, Qin L, Umamaheswara Rao GS, Coriat P, Rouby JJ.
Intravenous Almitrine combined with inhaled nitric oxide for acute respiratory distress
syndrome. Am J Resp Crit Care Med 1998; 158:1770-1777.
- Ramesh VJ, Bhardwaj N, Batra YK. Comparative study of oral clonidine and
diazepam as premedicants in children. Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther. 1997;35:218-21.
- Umamaheswara Rao GS, Gallart L, Law-Koune JD, Lu Q, Puybasset L, Cluzel P,
Coriat P, Rouby JJ. Factors influencing the tracheal fluctuation of inhaled nitric oxide
in patients with Acute Lung Injury. Anesthesiology, 1997, 87:824-834.
- Mourgeon E. Gallart L, Umamaheswara Rao GS, Lu Q, Law-Koune JD, Puybasset
L, Coriat P, Rouby JJ. Distribution of Inhaled Nitric Oxide during Sequential and
continuous modes of Administration - Intensive Care Medicine 1997, 23:849-858.
- Mourgeon E, Puybasset L, Law-Koune JD, Lu Q, Abdennour L, Gallart L, Malssine
P, Umamaheswara Rao GS, Cluzel P, Bennani A, Coriat P, Rouby JJ. Inhaled Nitric
Oxide in acute respiratory distress syndrome with and without septic shock requiring
norepinephrine administration: a dose-response study. Critical Care 1997, 1:25-39.
- Kalfon P. Umamaheswara Rao GS, Gallart L, Puybasset L, Coriat P, Rouby JJ.
Permissive hypercapnia with and without expiratory washout in Patients with severe
acute respiratory distress syndrome. Anesthesiology 1997, 87:6-17.
- Geetha L, Radhakrishnan M, Raghavendra BS, Umamaheswara Rao GS, Indiradevi
B. Anesthetic management for foramen magnum decompression in a patient with
Morquio syndrome: a case report. J Anesth 2010 (article in press).
- Radhakrishnan M, Sonia B, Srihari G, Sampath S, Rao GSU. Perioperative stroke
following anterior cervical discectomy. British J Neurosurg 2010 (article in press).
- Sri Ganesh K, Smitha V, Arvind HS. Clonidine as a sole sedative agent for MRI study
in a child with Joubert syndrome. Peadiatric Anesthesia 2010;20:578-9.
Peer-Reviewed National Journals:
- Umamaheswara Rao GS. What is new in Neueoanaesthesia. Ind J Anaesth 2009;
- Geetha Lakshmi, Umamaheswara Rao GS. Seizures during Induction with a Low
Concentration of Sevoflurane in a Patient with Postmeningoencephalitic Complications.
Ind J Anaesth 2009
- Umamaheswara Rao GS. Current Concepts in the Intensive Care Management of
Neurosurgical Patients Ind J Anaesth 2008;52:494-505
- Veena Kumaru HB, Nagarathna S, Chandramouli BA, Umamaheswara Rao GS,
Chandramuki A. Investigation of an outbreak of device-related postoperative ventriculitis:
A lesson learnt. Ind J Pathol Microb 2008; 51: 301-303
- Umamaheswara Rao GS Radhakrishnan M. Benefits and drawbacks of current
monitoring modalities in traumatic brain injury. SAARC J Anaesth. 2008; 1 (1) : 58 - 66
- Ramana Prasad J, Madhusudan Reddy K.R., Umamaheswara Rao G.S., Radhakrishnan
M. Nebulized Versus Intravenous Lignocaine to Suppress the Haemodynamic Response
to Endotracheal Suction in Patients on Mechanical Ventilation. J Anaesth Clin
Pharmacol 2008; 24(4): 429-432
- Umamaheswara Rao GS. Anaesthetic and Intensive Care Management of Traumatic
Cervical Spine Injury (Review). Ind J Anaesth 2008;52:13-22
- Umamaheswara Rao. Intracranial Pressure Monitoring in Traumatic Brain Injury.
Ind J Trauma Anaesth Crit Care 2008
- Bhatnagar S, Udaya IB, Umamaheswara Rao GS. An Audit of Transfusion of Blood
Products in Elective Neurosurgery. Ind J Anaesth 2007; 51:40-42
- Ujani V, Devaragudi TS, Umamaheswara Rao GS. Correlation of Bispectral Index and
ARX Auditory Index during Inhalational Anaesthesia with Isoflurane. J Anaesth Clin
Pharmacol 2006; 22:15-19
- Devaragudi TS, Umamaheswara Rao GS, Thennarasu K. Agreement of Central Venous
Pressure with Peripheral Venous Pressure in Neurosurgical Patients. J Anaesth Clin
Pharmacol 2006; 22: 357-361
- Umamaheswara Rao GS. Airway management in neurosurgical patients. Ind J Anaesth
- Basavaraj KG, Venkatesh HK, Umamaheswara Rao GS. A Prospective Study Of
Demography And Outcome In Operated Head Injuries. Ind J Anaesth 2005;49:24-30
- Umamaheswara Rao GS. Newer modes and strategies of mechanical ventilation. J
Anaesthesiol Clin Pharmacol 2004; 20:3-16
- Venkatesh HK. Umamaheswara Rao GS. Optimal Combination of Laryngoscopy and
Airway Anaesthesia to Minimize Cardiovascular Response to Tracheal Intubation - An
Evaluation of six different techniques. J Anaesthesiol Clin Pharmacol 2004;20:379-386
- Suman Shree R, Bhadrinarayan V, Ramesh VJ, Umamaheswara Rao G.S. Evaluation of
three regimens of Esmolol for attenuation of cardiovascular response to endotracheal
intubation – A comparison with intravenous lignocaine. J Anaesth Clin Pharmacol 2003;
- Paul DB, Umamaheswara Rao GS. Management of head injury: Evidence-based
concepts. (Review Article). Ind J Trauma Anaesth Crit Care 2003;4:261-9
- Manikandan S. Umamaheswara Rao G.S. Effect of Surgical Position on Pulmonary Gas
Exchange in Neurosurgical Patients. Indian Journal of Anaesthesia 2002; 46:304-314
- Umamaheswara Rao GS, Girish V. The effects of nitrous oxide on cerebral blood flow
velocities in the absence of extraneous modifiers in healthy volunteers. Ind J
Anaesthesia 2001; 45:104-7
- Umamaheswara Rao GS, Girish V. The effects of nitrous oxide on cerebral blood flow
velocities in the absence of extraneous modifiers in healthy volunteers. Ind J Anaesth
- Devaragudi T.S., Khanna N, Arunodaya G.R., Umamaheswara Rao, G.S. The incidence
and risk factors of nosocomial pneumonia in a neuromedical intensive care unit. Annals
Ind Acad Neurol 2001; 44:77-82.
- Umamaheswara Rao GS. Cerebral Protection in Head Injuries-Review Article. Ind J
Anaesth 2000; 44:17-26.
- Umamaheswara Rao GS, Ramesh VJ, Chidananda Swamy MN, Subbukrishna DK.
Arterial Endtidal carbon dioxide difference at different time intervals during anesthesia in
neurosurgical patients. Ind J Anaesth 2000; 44: 46-52.
- Umamaheswara Rao GS. Alternatives to Conventional Modes of Therapy in Acute
Respiratory Distress Syndrome. Ind J Anaesth 1999; 8: 8-20
- Pai K.R., Umamaheswara Rao G.S. Neural blockade in the management of chronic pain:
NIMHANS Journal, 1999:17:247-258.
- Latha V, Saravanan ESM, Mayur PM, Gangadhar BN, Janakiramaiah N, Umamaheswara
Rao GS. A scale to measure motor seizure modification during ECT: Reliability and
validity. Ind J Psych Med 1999; 22:28-31
- Umamaheswara Rao GS. Theme Editorial on Emergency Management of Trauma.
Physicians Update, 1988, Vol 1, No 5, 1988.
- Umamaheswara Rao GS, Pulmonary Barotrauma during Mechanical Ventilation J
Anaesthesiol Clin Pharmacol 1998;14:313-322
- Saravanan ESM, Latha V, Mayur PM, Gangadhar BN, Janakiramaiah N, Umamaheswara
Rao GS. Measuring extent of motor seizure modification: Role of succinyl choline dose:
NIMHANS Journal 1998; 16: 203-206.
- Venkatesh H.K., Jayakumar P.N., Umamaheswara Rao G.S. A correlation of
intraoperative brain laxity with preoperative CT Scan during supratentorial tumour
surgery. Ind J Anaesth 1998; 42:40-45.
- Umamaheswara Rao GS. Neurological monitoring in anaesthesia. Ind J Anaesth.
- Umamaheswara Rao GS. Modes of administration and pulmonary uptake of inhaled nitric
oxide during artificial ventilation - Review Article. Ind J Anaesth, 1997, 41:5-18
- Umamaheswara Rao GS. Cerebral effects of general anaesthetics, Ind J Anaesth
- Umamaheswara Rao GS, Rouby JJ. Pharmacologic approach to hypoxia in a patient with
Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome, J Anaesthesiol Clin Pharmacol 13, Jan 1997.
- Parameswara G. Umamaheswara Rao G.S.: High dose barbiturate Therapy in Acute
Massive Brain Swelling during Supratentorial Tumour Surgery J Anaesthesiol Clin
- Umamaheswara Rao G.S., Arya B.Y.T., Accidental Cerebral Arterial Air Embolism during
Angiography in a patient with Arteriovenous Malformation, J Anaesthesiol Clin
- Taly A.B., Anisya V., Suresh T.G., Umamaheswara Rao G.S., Nagaraja D., Swamy H.S.,
Rao S., Critically Ill Guillain Barré Syndrome. Journal of Association of Physicians of
India, 1994 Nov;42(11):871-4
- Sriganesh K, Ramesh VJ. Physical incompatability of thiopentone sodium with
electrolyte–P. J Anaesth Clin Pharmacol. 2010;26:273