WHO Collaborating Centre for
Injury Prevention and Safety Promotion
[continued from ...]
. About Us
. Capacity building
. Projects and Programmes
. Injuries in India
. Injuries in South-East Asia
. Road Traffic Injuries
. Traumatic Brain Injuries
. Major contributions
. Information Dissemination
. Contact Us
- Gururaj G. Road Traffic Deaths, Injuries and
Disabilities in India : Challenges and opportunities for prevention in India. (submitted).
- Gururaj G. Road traffic Injury Prevention In India.
NIMHANS Publication no. 56. National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro sciences, Bangalore,
2006. [Full-Text/ PDF]
- Gururaj G. Injuries in India: A national perspective. In:
Burden of Disease in India; Equitable development - Healthy future. National Commission on
Macroeconomics and Health. Ministry of health and family welfare, Government of India. New Delhi,
2005, 325 - 350. [Full-Text/ PDF]
- Gururaj G: Injuries - A major hazard to health. In:
State of People's Health in Karnataka (Eds.) Francis C M Voluntary Health Association of
Karnataka, 1997, 139-149.
- Gururaj G: Road safety in India: Role of community
health professionals and institutions.Proceedings of the 31st Annual Conference of Indian
association of preventive and social medicine, Chandigarh, Jan 2005.
- Gururaj G. Developing Safe Communities in South East
Asian Countries: Challenges and Opportunities. In: Proceedings of the Second Asian Conference on
Safe Communities, Dhaka, 2004.
- Gururaj G. Alcohol, injuries & burden on developing
societies In: Cost of poor health habits. Proceedings of the public health symposium. Institute
of health systems, Hyderabad, 2003, 26-32.
- Gururaj G. Study of mortality patterns & risk factors in
community based survey - Results of a pilot study in Bangalore. In: Report of the All India
Workshop on Civil registration and causes of death, Registrar General of India, New Delhi, 2001,
- Gururaj G. Towards helmet legislation and implementation
in Karnataka, India. National Institute of mental health and Neuro sciences in India, NIMHANS
Publication no. 2005. [Full-Text/ PDF]
- Norton R, Hyder A & Gururaj G: Injuries - An
international Perspective. In: International Public Health: Disease, Program, Systems and
Policies. (eds) Merson MH, Black RE and Mills AG. Second Edition. Jones and Bartlett Publishers,
- Hyder A, Wunderlich CA, Purnachandra P, Gururaj G and
Kobusinge O: Traumatic Brain Injuries – A Global Perspective (submitted).
- Gururaj G: Final report of the project "Profile and
Characteristics of violence prevention programmes in Bangalore city", World Health Organization,
Geneva, October 2005.
- Gururaj G, Kolluri S, Chandramouli BA, Subbakrishna DK
and Kraus JF. Traumatic Brain Injury. National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences,
Publication No. 61, 2005. [Full-Text/ PDF]
- Gururaj G. Alcohol and road traffic injuries in South
Asia: Challenges for prevention. Journal of College of Physicians and Surgeons of Pakistan,
14(2), 2004, 713-718. [Full-Text/ PDF]
- Gururaj G, Das BS, Channabasavanna SM. The effect of
Alcohol on Incidence, Severity and Outcome from Traumatic Brain Injury. Journal of Indian Medical
Association, 102 (03), March 2004, 157-63.
- Aeron Thomas A, Jacobs GD, Sexton B, Gururaj G and
Rahman F. The involvement and impact of road crashes on the poor - India and Bangladesh case
studies. Transport Research Laboratory, PR/INT/275/2004. [ full-text link ]
- Gururaj G et al. Injuries in South East Asia: Cause for
concern and call for action. Report submitted to Division of Injury and Disability Prevention,
Word Health Organization, South East Asia Regional Office, 2004.
- Report of the expert medical group on emergency medical
services for trauma victims in India. National Human Rights Commission, Government of India,
- Gururaj G. Injury Prevention and Control in South East
Asia - Seeking the right solutions, WHO - SEARO, 2001.
- Davis A, Quinbly A, Odero W, Gururaj G and Hijar M.
Improving Road Safety by reducing impaired driving in developing countries: A scoping study
(Unpublished document PR/INT/724/03).
- Gururaj G and Benegal V. Final Report of the project
"Drinking and Driving under the Influence of Alcohol" in Bangalore, 2003.
- Gururaj G, Channabasavanna SM, Das BS and Kaliaperumal
VG. Epidemiology of traumatic head injuries in Bangalore, India (Submitted).
- Report of the working group on prevention of road accidents and
injuries. Planning Commission, Government of India, 2002.
- Gururaj G. Strategic plan for injury prevention &
control in South East Asia. World Health Organization. Regional office for South East Asia, 2002.
- Gururaj G. Epidemiology of Traumatic Brain Injuries:
Indian Scenario, Neurological Research, 24, 1-5, 2002. [Full-Text/ PDF]
- Gururaj G. Burden and Impact of Injuries in South East
Asia, WHO-SEARO, 2001.
- World health organization. Injury surveillance Guidelines (eds)
Holder Y, Peden M, Krug E, Lund J , Gururaj G and Kobusingye O. 2001.
- Gururaj G. Epidemiological Dimensions of Injuries. In:
Advanced Trauma Care Manual - Management Guidelines for Peripheral Centres (eds.) Venkataramana
NK and Parameshwara G, Comprehensive Trauma Consortium, 2001.
- Gururaj G: Behaviour and Road Safety: A multidimensional
issue - Implications for road safety programmes in developing countries: In: Transportation,
Health & Traffic Safety). Traffic Safety and Health - Human Behaviour (eds) Holst HV, Nygren A
and Anderson AE, Springer Verlog publishers, New York 2000, 327-349.
- Gururaj G. Training Manual for the Project - Neurotrauma Registry in
- Sastry KVR, Gururaj G and Chandramouli BA: Bangalore
Agenda on Road Safety, NIMHANS, April 23-24, 1999.
- Gururaj G: Preventing Neurotrauma - An agenda for action.
Report submitted to World Health Organization, Geneva, August, 1999.
- Gururaj G and Sastry KVR: Problems and determinants of
traumatic brain injuries in India. NIMHANS Journal, 17(4), 1999, 407-422. [Full-Text/ PDF]
- Gururaj G, Das BS, Kaliaperumal VG - The status and
impact of prehospital care on outcome and survival of head injured persons in Bangalore. Journal
of Academy of Hosp. Adm., 11(1), 1999, 7-8.
- Gururaj G, Sateesh VL - Assessment of facilities at
casusalty and emergency services in hospitals at Bangalore. Journal of Academy of Hosp. Adm.,
11(1), 1999, 9-10.
- World Health Organization. International Classification for
External Causes of Injuries (ICECI). Guidelines for counting and classifying external causes of
injuries for prevention and control. Report developed by the working group, 1998.
- Tekur SP and Gururaj G: Emergency and posttrauma care services.
In: Proceedings of the seminar on road safety and traffic scenario - Meeting the new challenges.
July, 98, 25-29.
- Gururaj G, Peek Asa C, Kraus JF: Epidemiologic features
of facial injuries among motorcyclists. Annals of Emergency Medicine 32: 4, 1998, 425-430.
- Gururaj G: Need and scope of rehabilitation services for
traumatic brain injury survivors. ACTIONAID Disability News, 9(1), Jan, 1998, 27-31.
- Gururaj G: Health consequences and socioeconomic impact
of traumatic brain injury. In: Proceedings of the International conference on measuring the
burden of injury, Fremantle, 1998, 141-145.
- Gururaj G and Tekur SP: Road traffic injuries - An
emerging public health problem in Bangalore: Need for an intersectoral approach and people's
participation. In: Proceedings of the seminar on road safety and traffic scenario - Meeting the
new challenges. July, 98, 8-13.
- Gururaj G: Motorcycle helmets in Bangalore, HEADLINES,
4(4), 1995, 2.
- Gururaj G: An Epidemiological approach to Prevention,
Prehospital care and Rehabilitation in Neurotrauma, Neurology India, 43(3), 1995, 95-106.
- Chiu WT, Laport RE, Gururaj G et al. Head injury in
developing countries. In: Neurotrauma (Eds.) Narayan RK, Wilberger JE and Povlishrack JT: McGraw-
Hill, New York, 1995, 1995, 905-911.
- Gururaj G: Injuries among motor vehicle occupants and
safety issues, In: Proceedings of the seminar on traffic management, October, 1995.
- Romer C, Von Holst H, Gururaj G, Kraus J, Nell V,
Thurman D et al . Prevention, critical care and rehabilitation of neurotrauma : Perspectives and
Future strategies. Stockholm . World Health Organization Collaborating centres for neurotrauma,
- "Creating safe communities with special reference to vulnerable
groups". Joint report developed as part of World Health Organization travel seminar on injury
prevention and control (Report published by WHO collaborating centre on Safe community promotion,
Karolinska Institute, Sweden) - 1995.
- Gururaj G: "Efficacy, Effectiveness and Role of Helmet
Legislation in preventing traumatic brain injury in Karnataka". Report submitted for the
technical advisory committee of Government of Karnataka - 1995.
- Channabasavanna SM, Gururaj G. Head injuries and
helmets. Implications for policies in developing countries. Journal of police research and
development, Jan - March, 1994, 19-24.
- Gururaj G. Injury Prevention: Strategies and future
prospects in India, SWASTH HIND, 38(2), 1994, 51-54.